Thursday, March 29, 2012

Incredible Opportunity...do you want to come to Israel this fall??


Living in Israel for the past couple months, I have become quite overwhelmed with this land, the people, the conflicts, and the purposes God has in all of it. As you know, I have seen soooo much, and have begun to experience His amazing heart for Israel. I want to share it with all of you very much, that's why I created this blog, and have hoped to transmit just a small portion of what I have been blessed to experience.  But much more than that, it would be an honor for me to personally be with you when you see Israel for the first time.

This fall Michael will be coming to Israel to join me for the last 11 days that I am here (November 25th-December 6th). I have arranged for a private tour guide named Aubrey, who is adjunct faculty here at JUC, to take us around the land of Israel in a private vehicle (10 passenger van, including driver and tour guide). We will be coordinating the itinerary together, but believe me, this will not be an ordinary tour...where you are crowded into a bus and herded to all the popular tourists site, and often told wrong information about them. We will be seeing things that many never get to, as God leads us to visit the often more remote places where He wants to touch our hearts. We will have a full itinerary, but also take time to pause and pray and look at God's Word as we experience the Land.

The first several nights we will be staying right in the Old City, at the Gloria Hotel, where we can walk to many sites, including the Western Wall, the Temple Mount, the City of David, the Church of the Holy Sepulchre, the Garden Tomb, and soooo much more.  We will also take day trips, e.g, down to the Dead Sea, Masada, Qumran, etc. The next several nights we will be staying at a beautiful resort on the Sea of Galilee. From there we will see many northern sites, and of course, Capernaum and the places where Jesus did most of His earthly ministry. We will return to Jerusalem for the last couple nights, possibly staying at a beautiful log cabin guest house in the Judean hills near Jerusalem.

I could tell you much more, but I just wanted to put out the invitation and ask anyone who may be interested to contact me asap at my email address cltyler1@juno.com for more information. Obviously, we only have seats for just a few people, our space is very limited because we want to keep the group small (actually only about 4-5 seats left). You would need about $1500 to purchase the plane flight very soon, and about the same amount of $ for the hotels and tour expenses, but that half won't need to be paid until just before the trip in November.

I am praying the Lord will stir the hearts of the ones who are to come and be with us. 

Many blessings to you all,
Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment